Here we will guide you on how to watch amazon prime on Samsung tv. The amazon prime video app is now available on Samsung TV, but it’s not as straightforward as you might think. This article will walk you through the steps to installing and watching amazon prime video on a Samsung TV with a few easy-to-follow instructions.
Your TV could be a smart tv, but if it doesn’t have the Amazon Prime Video app you can’t follow this guide. But don’t worry! You will still learn how to install and use your amazon prime video on another device or computer that does support it. In order for us to do so, we need access to Play Store which is only available when there’s an android operating system in play.
If you have an old Samsung television that doesn’t come with the Amazon Prime Video app, don’t worry! You can easily install it by downloading the APK file. If your new Samsung has Android 9 installed on it, installing is easy as well—just search for “Amazon Prime Video” in Google Play Store and download away.
In this article, we will teach how to check if your Samsung TV supports amazon prime video and also how to install and use it on your Television.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Samsung TV
The new Samsung TV with the Android operating system now has Amazon Prime Video built into it. This means you can easily download the app on your TV, just like any other mobile device! To do this follow the below steps;
- Open the Play Store on your SAMSUNG TV.
- In the search bar, search “Prime Video app”
- Now click on the Install button.
- After installation, the Prime video app will show on your TV screen.
- Open and start watching.
Download & Install Amazon Prime Video App on Old Samsung Smart TV without a Play Store
- To use this app, first, open your desired browser on your computer. I’m using Chrome here because it’s the most-used browser.
- Here is a Url for downloading the amazon prime video TV app directly on your computer. This app works on TVs that have an ARM processor inside of them. Most televisions run on processors based on the ARM architecture so they’ll work just fine with this version!
- Load the downloaded apk file into your external portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive with Samsung smart TV.
- Access the External drive and open the apk file.
- Popup will appear, click on the Install button to begin the installation.
- When the installation completes the app will show on the Smart TV apps section.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on an Old Samsung TV?
The old operating system of Samsung TVs does not support apps. So it is impossible to run Amazon Prime videos on Old TVs. Instead of that watch it on your mobile phone or mirror your mobile phone screen to Samsung TV.